: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home4/vir007/public_html/geekmantra.com/contact/connect.php
on line 2
1. What is the List interface?
Ans. The List interface provides support for ordered collections of objects.
2. What happens when you add a double value to a String?
Ans. The result is a String object.
3. What is the difference between an if statement and a switch statement?
Ans. The if statement is used to select among two alternatives. It uses a boolean expression to decide which alternative should be executed. The switch statement is used to select among multiple alternatives. It uses an int expression to determine which alternative should be executed.
4. How many bits are used to represent Unicode, ASCII, UTF-16, and UTF-8 characters?
Ans. Unicode requires 16 bits and ASCII require 7 bits. Although the ASCII character set uses only 7 bits, it is usually represented as 8 bits. UTF-8 represents characters using 8, 16, and 18 bit patterns. UTF-16 uses 16-bit and larger bit patterns.
5. What is the difference between yielding and sleeping?
Ans. When a task invokes its yield() method, it returns to the ready state. When a task invokes its sleep() method, it returns to the waiting state.
6. Which java.util classes and interfaces support event handling?
Ans. The EventObject class and the EventListener interface support event processing.
7. Is sizeof a keyword?
Ans. The sizeof operator is not a keyword.
8. What are wrapped classes?
Ans. Wrapped classes are classes that allow primitive types to be accessed as objects.
9. Does garbage collection guarantee that a program will not run out of memory?
Ans. Garbage collection does not guarantee that a program will not run out of memory. It is possible for programs to use up memory resources faster than they are garbage collected. It is also possible for programs to create objects that are not subject to garbage collection.
10. What restrictions are placed on the location of a package statement
Ans. within a source code file? A package statement must appear as the first line in a source code file (excluding blank lines and comments).
11. What is the immediate superclass of the Applet class?
12. Name three Component subclasses that support painting.
Ans. The Canvas, Frame, Panel, and Applet classes support painting.
neha says : Thanks lot of my friend who told me about www.geekmantra.com this is really a very good site.
Posted on :Tuesday, 24-June-2008
lokesh says : Yeah indeed , site is very good.. this section is very good for freshers who are looking for java carrier
Posted on :Wednesday, 18-June-2008